SCBA Monthly CLE
LOW BONO and UNBUNDLED SERVICES
June 15, 2020
12- 1 pm
Join presenters Jeff Hamilton and Jennifer Ortega in a webcast discussion of Low Bono and Unbundled Services. Jeff is a partner at Habersetzer Hamilton PLLC and Chair of WSBA’s Low Bono Section; Jennifer, founder partner of Legal Technician Division, is a LLLT with wealth of knowledge in legal services to low-to-moderate income clients.
We will explore the concept of a low bono practice model, and how unbundled services can play a vital role in delivering revenues while increasing access to justice. Presenters will discuss how to incorporate low bono and unbundled services into a law practice, and how offering these services may impact the bottom line.
- Exploring low bono and the need for increased access to justice.
- Review Civil Legal Needs Studies 2003 and 2015.
- What does unbundled services mean?
- Not the traditional full-service offering, but rather the legal professional is performing discrete tasks based on the client’s specific needs and/or direction.
- Quick review of ways to unbundle:
- Legal advice, review, ghost-writing, research
- Flat-fee work - task specific for a set price
- Limited Scope Representation at hearings
This program has been approved by the WSBA for 1 CLE credit.
Before the event you will be provided with the details of how to join this online presentation.